Thursday, March 11, 2010

And the Academy Award goes to...

Sunday was Oscar night. I unfortunately missed the opening festivities and the fabulous Neil Patrick Harris, but thanks to the glory of YouTube the enjoyment was not lost. While not the most exciting opening number in Oscar history, I can't help but enjoy anything involving Dr. Horrible.

The Big Winners are as follows:

Best Picture: The Hurt Locker
Actor in a Leading Role: Jeff Bridges, Crazy Heart
Actress in a Leading Role: Sandra Bullock, The Blind Side
Actor in a Supporting Role: Christoph Waltz, Inglourious Bastards
Actress in a Supporting Role: Mo'Nique, Precious
Animated Feature Film: Up
Art Direction: Avatar
Costume Design: The Young Victoria
Directing: Kathryn Bigelow, The Hurt Locker
Documentary Feature: The Cove
Documentary Short: Music by Prudence
Film Editing: The Hurt Locker
Foreign Language Film: The Secret in Their Eyes (El Secreto de Sus Ojos)
Makeup: Star Trek
Original Score: Up, Michael Giacchino
Original Song: Crazy Heart: "The Weary Kind",  Ryan Bingham and T Bone Burnett
Animated Short Film: Logorama
Live Action Short Film: The New Tenants
Sound Editing: The Hurt Locker
Sound Mixing: The Hurt Locker
Visual Effects: Avatar
Adapted Screenplay: Precious: Based on the Novel 'Push' by Sapphire
Original Screenplay: The Hurt Locker

I am embarrassed to say that I have yet to sit down and watch Crazy Heart and The Hurt Locker, but they are on my to-do list!  I could not be more excited for Sandra Bullock who is one of my favorite actresses, and I absolutely loved The Blind Side. Christoph Waltz's performance was wonderful, and Mo'Nique... oh boy, AMAZING. Precious was a great film, but Mo'Nique's performance was so strong and compelling, it was leading lady worthy if you ask me, which you probably aren't ;) And Pixar continues to blow me away with Up. I'll admit I totally teared up during the film's opening sequence! Overall I was very excited and impressed with this year's winners and I already can't wait for the 83rd Annual Academy Awards!

No comments:

Post a Comment