Tuesday, March 9, 2010

The Magic of Movies

I am a self-proclaimed film-buff. I love movies and going to the movies and the movie-watching experience. I decided to start this blog as an experiment in blogging and as a forum to write about something I love. I do not pretend to know everything about movies, making movies, the industry, etc but as an average person I take satisfaction from the fact that I'm the person these actors, directors, producers, and so on are trying to entertain because I'm the one that's paying to see these films in the theater and paying for the DVDs and memorabilia. And that gives me, and the rest of the "average people" out there a lot of power, and that's pretty damn cool. What I, and what we "average folks" think actually matters; so why not put our thoughts out there, even if in reality no one is listening (or reading as the case may be)?

And so my experiment begins. I plan on writing about films I see and want to see, as well as other aspects of the industry that I find interesting. If you're looking for the latest gossip, this is probably not the place for you. And my opinions are exactly that, my opinions; feel free to disagree with any of them. So here I go. Enjoy (with or without popcorn)!

No comments:

Post a Comment