Monday, March 15, 2010

She's Out of My League Occasionally Hits the Mark

I went to see She's Out of My League this weekend, and I enjoyed it. It was far from brilliant, but it was a good, light-hearted movie. I feel like so many of us average Joes and Janes could relate to the premise of the movie: what to do when the object of your affections is "out of your league." Personally, I am a fan of the nice guy. Like any woman, I enjoy eye candy but love the nice guy. Kirk, played by Jay Baruchel, is the quintessential nice guy, and I think he's adorable (don't cringe fellas I mean that in a good way- I would totally fall for him!). Then again, I'm far from a 10 so I'm biased and like to root for the underdog in big screen love stories. Granted, I think films such as these tend to more commonly feature the dorky guy with the hott girl rather than the other way around, or that dorky girl is someone like Sandra Bullock...

This movie will not go down in history as a rom-com classic, but there definitely were individual moments that were utterly fantastic: a make-shift hockey show-down between brothers, a male-grooming scene straight out of American wedding (unoriginal but still hilarious- I hadn't laughed like that since The Proposal), and a cuddly friend, played by Nate Torrence, that defends Love with a profusion of Disney classics tributes. So if you're looking for a movie that won't rock your world but will make you smile and offer a few good laughs then I would recommend checking out She's Out of My League.

No comments:

Post a Comment